Dating turn-offs that you should avoid at all costs
Well, Men are from Mars and women are from Venus and given the old trite aphorism about dating, you can understand why it is often liked to walking on a live mine field. The fact is that when it comes to meeting the other person for the first time, you may need a few tips to make that date an eventual success. Dating is never easy and no one has so far claimed it to be so, you need to appear strong, confident and sure of yourself without appearing obnoxious. But above all, you would definitely have to avoid the following dating turnoffs at all costs.
- Being rude: If you happen to be one of those guys who think that women can stand up for themselves and certainly do not need to hold the door open for them, well, this may well be your last date with that person. Of course, women today are more confident, strong, and can stand up for themselves but that is not a one way ticket for you to behave like a rude boor. And by the way, chewing with your mouth open or spitting food across the table or worse, passing rude comments at the other customers are not going to be seen as endearing either. Search online for dating sites in Sydney and you should get enough tips and suggestions on how to behave on that first date.
- Being a braggart: no one likes a braggart and anyway the first date is about getting to know the other person. It should certainly not turn into a monologue about yourself or why you are so great. You can bet that the woman, sitting across the table from you is screaming in her head, ‘never again’.
- Do not talk about your ex: Granted that this may seem a little difficult especially if you had just broken up with your ex. But even though the other person may want to know about whom you had dated in the past, she was only being polite and wants to know about your social life. She certainly does not want to hear you go on and on about your ex, how talented or beautiful she is and so on. It is a big dating turn off and one that you would want to avoid at all costs. Just Google women seeking men in Sydney and you should come across a few online dating sites. Now, all that is left is for you to register and learn more about dating and what to do and what not to do.
- Conversations: A silent date is a big no-no; you may as well call it that and ask for the restaurant to serve you both a wreath. A date between two people needs to have a good flow of conversation to keep the interest going. It is important that you ask your partner relevant questions and answer her questions frankly as well. The whole point is that only unless and until you talk to the other person, can you find out more about her, her interests, and find out more about her as a person.
- Phone issues: If the phone is attached to your phone and you keep looking at it all the time, you can bet that will be a dating turn off. Don’t be too surprised if your date walks off after telling you to date your phone instead. And no, SIRI is not going to be your stand in for your real date either – so make sure that you pay attention to your date and turn the phone off or put it in the silent mode, immediately.
These are a few dating turn offs that you need to keep an eye out for. And if you happen to be interested in the other person, then you would want to do all you can to make this date a complete success.