Accentuate your kitchen with these innovative ideas
A kitchen is often the focal point of any home, and that’s all the more reason as to why you would want your kitchen to look spectacular, modern and trendy at the same time. Here are a few tips that you may want to consider when remodeling your kitchen,
- Streamline the design: The first thing that you may want to consider is as to how to go about eliminating the wasted steps. For example, you may want to locate the main dishes, food bowls, near the dining table with easy access to the same. Similarly, you may want to keep all those plastic bowls, along with wraps that you would use for packing, on the counter, and within easy reach. But keep in mind that you still need to go in for a ‘clutter free’ look. You may also want to store all your porcelain dishes near the dishwasher, so it should be easy for you to clean it and store it back in safely. Just search online for Hampton’s style kitchen and you should get more than a few ideas on how to go ahead with the rest of the remodeling.
- Wide walkways: The one thing that you need to avoid at all costs is a narrow and confined appearance. Most kitchens often tend to be cramped, filled to the rafters with various pots, pans, gizmos and as a result, the standing space in the kitchen is severely limited. But when it comes to your kitchen, you need to ensure that there are at least 42 inches wide paths in and around your kitchen and that it does not appear narrow or cramped. Instead, it must appear wide and come with well-designed windows that let in natural light and make the room appear larger than it is.
- Cabinets and bench tops: You need to make sure that you have the appropriately designed cabinets and with the right size specifications, for your new kitchen. You need to ensure that the cabinets fit properly in the right spot, in your new kitchen. You can have your own choice of wood and choose the appropriate one for your kitchen. And when it comes to bench tops, you may want to laminate the same, to prevent any damage to the underlying material. Just Google laminate kitchen benchtops and you should get more than a few ideas or suggestions on how to get it done.
- Microwave height: most homeowners often have this hassle of working out the right height for the microwave. If your kids can use the microwave safely, then the microwave can be placed right on the kitchen counter. Or you could set it at 15 inches height, from the top of the kitchen counter, either one should be perfect for your kitchen.
- Kitchen islands: You need to work out as to whether you need a kitchen island or not. And you also need to decide whether you plan to use your kitchen island just to cook or to cook and eat as well. If it is later, then you need to make sure that there is enough gap between the cooking and the dining area. Additionally, you can also try out a model of a kitchen island and see how it fits in with the rest of your kitchen. And if your kitchen does not appear cramped or small and narrow as a result, then you can go ahead and set one up permanently in your kitchen.
These are some of the ways by which you can accentuate your kitchen and help it look awesome. There are various tips and suggestions but the ones listed above, are some of the most basic ones that you would want to consider when remodeling your kitchen. Do remember that it also depends on your current budget and you can remodel your kitchen accordingly.